Library Research - The Process
Follow the tabs above to help you successfully complete the research process.
- Select your topic: Write down key concepts or subject terms for your topic.
- Find background information: encyclopedias, and other reference books if necessary.
- Know your information formats: different types of resources have different advantages and disadvanages.
- Search for sources:
- Evaluate your information: Think critically!
- Cite your sources: Determine the appropriate citation style, i.e. APA, MLA, Chicago
- Start writing your paper: consider your major topics, style, & grammar.